Mint/Pudina RaitaJump to recipe
Mint by itself is such a flavourful herb, it heightens the taste of everything else. Since it has a strong flavour it should be used in moderation. Here I have made a Raita(curd sauce) with Mint, which goes well with Parathas, Naans, Kebabs and with any mixed rice variety. The lovely green colour and the minty freshness gets the salivary buds in action. This is a simple recipe and takes under 7 minutes to make if you have all ingredients ready.
Well, one may think why am I blogging something so simple, something that anyone can make. Well, its just to establish the fact that something as simple as a well made Raita can lift the effect of a recipe gone wrong. People trying their hand at cooking for the first time will be encouraged by its simplicity to try cooking more often.
Let’s get to the recipe right away.
- Mint leaves 1/2 a bunch
- Green chilli 1(if not hot enough can add one more)
- Curd 400 gms
- Roasted Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Assemble all ingredients. Wash Mint leaves and drain the water.
- Put the mint leaves(you can put the tender stems too), green chillies, roasted Jeera powder and salt in a blender and blend.
- Now add a cup of curd to the ground mix and give it a good spin. It should become a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the remaining curd and mix well. The Mint Raita is ready. Put it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Wash the Mint leaves well and let the water drain. Smoothen the curd( do not beat or whip). Put the Mint leaves, Green chillies, roasted Jeera powder and salt in a blender and give it a good spin. Add about a cup of curd from the 400 gms to the blender and grind to a smooth paste. Now add this paste to the remaining curd and mix well. Put it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy the Mint Raita with your meal. Bon Appetit.
- You can temper the raita with mustard and jeera if you wish. I haven’t done it, as I think the Mint by itself is enough.
- You can add grated Cucumbers, Carrot or finely chopped onion or Boondi to this raita.
- This Raita can also be used to soak Dahi Vadas.
- For some crunch one can add some Boondi( Chickpea crisps) to the Raita.
If you tried this recipe and liked it, comment below. Would love to hear from you.
Get yummy recipes delivered to your inbox!
Be the first one to know about our new recipes. Leave your email below and get notified as soon as new recipes are published!