Beetroot ParathaJump to recipe
Parathas are flatbreads stuffed with grated or mashed vegetables. Sometimes the vegetables are not stuffed but mixed in with the dough. This Paratha is one such recipe.
- Beetroot 1 Medium grated
- Whole wheat flour 3 cups
- Ginger 1 inch piece chopped
- Green chillies 3
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Water as required for making dough
- Ol for cooking Parathas
- Assemble all ingredients. Grate the Beetroot, make a paste of the green chillies and ginger and keep ready.
- In a bowl or dish take 3 cups of whole wheat flour. Add the red chilli powder coriander powder, salt plus the chilli- ginger paste to this.
- Now add the grated beetroot and mix well. Don’t add any water at this stage keep mixing it with your hands until all the moisture of the beetroot is absorbed by the wheat flour.
- Now add water a little at a time and start combining to form a dough. The dough should neither be stiff not too loose. It should resemble the Chapati dough in consistency.
- Now pinch small portions of the dough and shape them to balls. This quantity gives around 12 of them. Now dust each ball with flour and roll it out into a thick Paratha. Cook both sides on a hot girdle drizzling some oil, until tiny light brown dots appear. The yummy beetroot paratha is ready to tuck in.
- The flavour of this Paratha is very subtle, so the spice powders should be used minimally.
- This is a no onion- no garlic paratha, it is best kept that way as the pungency of garlic may not go with the taste.
- Coriander leaves could be added if you prefer, but I have not used them in this recipe.
If you tried this recipe and liked it please comment below. I would love to hear from you.
If you want the recipes emailed to you leave your id in the homepage near the????
icon. Whenever we have a new post the recipe will be mailed to you. Thank you for showing interest in Rajjo’s Kitchen.
Get yummy recipes delivered to your inbox!
Be the first one to know about our new recipes. Leave your email below and get notified as soon as new recipes are published!