Blueberry Cheesecake (Baked)Jump to recipe
This is an epic post because I love Blueberries(any berry for that matter) and I have perfected this Blueberry cheesecake finally. And for a recipe to feature on my blog, I should have perfected it before I put it out before you, and that is when I have tried it out 3 times without any mishaps.
Ingredients for Base
- Marie Biscuit 1 sheet(20 nos)
- Unsalted butter 100 gm
- Sugar 2 tbsp(powdered or fine sugar)
Ingredients for Filling
- Creamcheese 320 gm softened(keep out of the refrigerator for 1 hour)
- Plain flour/Maida 1 tbsp
- Sourcream/Curd 1/3 cup
- White Sugar 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract 1.5 tsp
- Zest of Lemon- Grate the rind of one whole lemon
- Eggs 2
- Blueberries(dried) 250 gm (soak in warm water for 30 mins and drain the water)
- Icing Sugar for dusting(optional) (refer note2)
- * Reserve some blueberries(unsoaked) for later.
Ingredients for Blueberry topping/Sauce
- Blueberries(dried) 1 cup (soaked for 30 mins in warm water and drain water)
- Sugar1/4 cup
- Cornflour 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Blueberry preserve 3/4 of a 240 gm bottle(around 180 gm)
Directions for Sauce
Place the Blueberries and remaining ingredients(except the preserve) in a saucepan and cook over medium flame. Bring them to a simmer and cook until few of the blueberries burst, around 3 minutes. Keep stirring. Now add the preserve ad stir again. The sauce will come together and become jammy. Remove from flame and cool completely.
Directions for Base
- Grease or spray a round baking tray/mould with oil and line with parchment paper/butter paper. Place the biscuits in a blender and powder them. Add the butter and sugar to the powdered biscuits and blitz again. It should look like wet sand.
- Put this mixture into the baking mould and using something flat press it down into the base and also rise in the sides, as this is going to hold the filling and topping, it needs some height. See pictures for reference.
Directions for filling
- Firstly preheat the oven to 160 C or 320F. Now start making the filling. Beat Creamcheese(just a spatula will do, stand mixer or electric beater not required, remember I said it a one-bowl recipe????) until smooth, it need not become fluffy. Now add the flour and beat again until just combined.
- Add sour cream/curd, sugar, vanilla and the lemon zest and beat until combined. Add the eggs one by one beating in between, until just combined. Do not overbeat.
- Now ensure you have drained all water from the soaked blueberries and add the berries to the cream cheese batter and fold gently. Now pour this batter into the prepared base and top with the reserved unsoaked blueberries.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180 C or until the cheesecake is set, but the middle of the cake should wobble when you shake it and when you stick in a toothpick it should come out clean. There can be little cracks on the cake, so don’t worry.
- Cool the cake completely and spread the Blueberry sauce over it( the sauce might have thickened, just microwave it for 20 seconds and it will be spreadable again). Refrigerate for 2 hours and its ready. Enjoy the Berrilicious flavour. Bon Appetit.
- If using Fresh Blueberries use 1/2 cup sugar for the filling and the entire bottle of the preserve.
- Topping the cake with Blueberry sauce is optional. If not topping it dust icing sugar over the cake before storing.
- Try using a spatula for beating as we don’t want the batter to air up and rise. If the batter becomes fluffy, the cake will rise while baking and then go limp on removing it from the oven.
- If topping the cake with sauce, don’t forget to refrigerate it, only then the topping will set, otherwise when you cut the cake it will drop everywhere.
If you tried this recipe and liked it please comment below. I would love to hear from you. If you have a query about the recipe email us and ill respond as soon as I can.
If you would like to receive our recipes on your mail please leave your mail id at the homepage. Every time Rajjo’s Kitchen has a new post we will mail the recipe to you.
Get yummy recipes delivered to your inbox!
Be the first one to know about our new recipes. Leave your email below and get notified as soon as new recipes are published!