Amla SherbatJump to recipe
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is a superfood and is an immunity booster. A dose of this every day during the season, which is from December, keeps colds and other infections at bay. Amla is a versatile citrus fruit of which pickles, murabba(candy form), Supari( digestive) and many other versions are made. I tried this sherbet and everyone at home loves it and they look forward to a daily dose of this refreshing drink.
This year the Gooseberries have been in the market non-stop and one should store all the goodness they have to give. A dose of this Amla Sherbat every day certainly keeps the doctor and diseases at bay!
While you are here please do check out other recipes by Rajjo’s Kitchenn by scrolling down the contents in homepage.
- Amla/Indian Gooseberry 200 gm
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Grated ginger 1/2 tsp(optional)
- Jal jeera powder 1 tsp
- Lemon 1/2 of one whole
- Water 1/2 litre (ingredients can be doubled up for 1 litre)
- Assemble all ingredients. Pour hot water over the Amlas/ Gooseberry add salt and turmeric powder and keep covered for half an hour.
- Drain the water and cut them to small pieces and blend them to a puree. The puree can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week and used as required. If storing in refrigerator add a little salt and store.
- Take water in a 1/2 litre vessel or jug and put 3 tbsp of the Amla/ Gooseberry puree. Add required amount of salt followed by Jal Jeera powder and squeeze half a lemon.
- Put it in the refrigerator to chill and enjoy. Alternately one can add chilled water to the puree and enjoy it instantly.
Take the Amlas in a bowl, add salt and turmeric powder and pour hot water over them and keep covered for half an hour. After half an hour drain water and cool. Cut them to small pieces and puree them in a blender using little water. We want a thick puree and not a watery one. The puree can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week. Add some salt before storing in the fridge. When required take 1/2 litre water in a vessel/jug, put 3 tbsp Amla/ Gooseberry puree, add thof salt, Jal jeera powder, squeeze a lemon and put it in the refrigerator to chill. Alternately Add all ingredients to chilled water and enjoy instantly. Cheers to a drink of good health and immunity.
- If storing the Amla Puree for a week then add little salt and store.
- If you prefer the Sherbat a little sweet honey can be added.
- I have not added ginger here, but a little bit of grated ginger does a world of good for the flavour.
If you tried out this recipe, please comment below. I would love to hear from you.
Get yummy recipes delivered to your inbox!
Be the first one to know about our new recipes. Leave your email below and get notified as soon as new recipes are published!