Creamy Pink Sauce PastaJump to recipe
Well, who doesn’t love pink Pasta? Usually, pink pasta is made with a combination of white sauce and tomato pasta sauce. In this recipe, I have used a lot of tomato puree and milk, some cream, and loads of Parmesan cheese. The sauce is extremely slurpy and delicious. The sauce can be used as it is or one can add-in as per their preference.
- Spaghetti 1 packet (300 gm)
- Macaroni 1 handful(optional)
- Tomato puree 200 to 250 ml
- Cream (medium or high fat) 1/2 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Parmesan cheese 1 cup and a little more
- Bread slice 1(for the Pangritato)
- Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Garlic 5 pods crushed
- Onion 1 finely chopped
- Chilli flakes 2 tsp(divided)
- Oregano or Italian seasoning 2 tsp(divided)
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves finely chopped 2 tsp
- Olive oil/butter 2 tbsp
For the Pangritato: Toast one bread slice with a little butter until crisp and powder it. this powder is Pangritato, basically toasted bread crumbs.
They are used a lot in Italian cooking.
- Assemble all ingredients.
Cooking the pasta perfectly- Take about 2 litres of water in a big vessel( I prefer a flat and broad one) and boil it. When it begins to boil add a teaspoon of salt(reduce heat before you add salt or the boiling water will overflow), a teaspoon of oil and add the pasta. Keep stirring and cooking it and keep checking in between if it is done. Remember that you have put off the flame while it’s still a little undone or let’s say when it is 3/4 done. Remember to reserve 2 cups of this water and drain the rest. Immediately pour some cold water over the pasta and drain it. Place the pasta in a colander. Add 1 tsp of red chilli flakes and oregano seasoning to 1 cup of the reserved pasta water, a pinch of salt and pour it over the pasta that is cooling. This step ensures that the pasta is full of flavours.
3. In a wok/pan add 2 tbsp butter or olive oil and heat. Add the crushed garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Now add the onions and saute until they turn translucent.
4. Now reduce the flame to low and add the tomato puree, cream, milk and 3/4 of the Parmesan cheese and cook until the cheese melts. Keep stirring. The sauce will thicken. Now pour the remaining pasta water or regular water is fine too if you don’t have enough pasta water and dilute the sauce.
5. Now add the salt, red chilli powder, pepper powder, chilli flakes and simmer the sauce until it thickens again. Now put in the pasta into the sauce and mix it nicely, the movement should be from bottom to top so that the sauce spreads evenly over the pasta.
6. Finally, reduce the flame and top up the pasta with the remaining cheese and cook covered for a minute until the cheese melts. Now put off the flame and add the Pangritato. Enjoy this yummy pasta piping hot.
- Cook the pasta aldente( a little undone- just put off the flame 2 minutes than the recommended time on the pasta packet). Reserve 2 cup of the water in which the pasta cooked and drain the remaining. Pour cold water over pasta, drain it completely and place the pasta in a colander.
- For any pasta recipe to turn out well, cooking the pasta carefully is very important.
- Zucchini, Broccoli, Red onions etc can be added to the sauce. if adding them, add after sauteeing the onions and saute them also for 3 minutes.
- If Parmesan is not available Cheddar also can be used, but definitely, there will be a difference in taste.
- The sauce I made was just enough to put the pasta in, you can make more if you like it very saucy.
- If you forget to reserve the pasta water, it is fine. Just continue with regular water or vegetable broth if you have.
- I have added Macaroni only for the aesthetics, it fine if the recipe is made without it too.
If you tried this recipe and liked it please comment below. I would love to hear from you.
If you want the recipes emailed to you leave your id in the homepage near the????
icon. Whenever we have a new post the recipe will be mailed to you. Thank you for showing interest in Rajjo’s Kitchen.
Get yummy recipes delivered to your inbox!
Be the first one to know about our new recipes. Leave your email below and get notified as soon as new recipes are published!
2 thoughts on "Creamy Pink Sauce Pasta"
Will try in not so distant future…love your recipes
Thank you. Please do share how it turned out and thanks for showing interest in my blog.